Re: 0.1.43 memo conduit

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Charles R. Tersteeg wrote:

> 1.  When I type gpilotd at the command line, it says "already running".
> How do I stop it and start it to see what's going on in the background?

 $ killall -9 gpilotd
Stops gpilotd effectively.
 $ gpilotd > log 2>&1
dumps all output in "log".

> "Go into the control panel and then disable the conduit, save settings with
> OK, and then renable the conduit to Synchronize method. This should set it

This is the new secret tricky "initial sync stuff", where a conduit on its
first synchronize can request something specific. Eg. if you choose
"Synchronize" it results in a fast sync since your pilot already has been
synchronized.

During fast sync only modified/new records are touched, and the records in
your memodb are most likely not marked as new.

But the conduitmanager discovers that this is a first sync situation, and
memo_file_conduit has asked for a slow sync, thus all records are checked.

> 3.  I will try other speeds and setting to see what happens when.  If
> significiant, I'll post again my results.

Speed/port settings would most likely not alter the conduits operations.
If they do, we're screwed.

/dev/eskil