Re: License problem with Re: AvantGo

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Erik Bågfors wrote:

> Most libraries in GNOME is licenced under the LGPL because the developers
> want people to be able to create non-free programs for gnome.  I think
> this is the way to go.

I've written to the gnome-hackers list for suggestions on this issue,
there are people there who understand these issues better then me.

If they say it's a good idea, or at least don't make good arguments for
keeping it GPL'ed, I'll probably massemail all contributors reg. the
license. Worst case is some say no, and their code has to be removed or
something.

/dev/eskil