Gnome Pilot license

Oy...

Recently, there has been discussions reg. rewriting MALsync as a
gnome-pilot conduit. MAL (Mobile Application Link) is apparently some sort
of offline newchannel thingy.

The problem then is, that the current MAL source code is MPL'ed, and
gnome-pilot is GPL'ed, thus preventing MAL code from linking with
gnome-pilot code. In general, no conduits except for GPL'ed may link with
gnome-pilot, that sort of sucks.

So I was thinking about relicensing gnome-pilot to LGPL (of course asking
everybody who've committed code first).

But I also wanted to check with other gnome hackers about this. Any
comments/suggestions/donations/flames/donkeys ?

/dev/eskil