Re: Spool dir

On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Eskil Heyn Olsen wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Manish Vachharajani wrote:
>
> > Ok, if you want to do this, probably put the stuff in
> > ~/.gnome/gnome-pilot.d/queues-<gpilotd pid> or something, how does that
> > sound?  This dir can store the moved files as well as the non-immediate
>
> I do not think the dir should contain the pid, the though behind storing
> non-immediate requests was to let them survive a daemon shutdown, which
> would change the pid.
>
> Is the directory .gnome a hardcoded will-allways-be-there thing in gnome ?
> And can you safely use it, or is it configured at some level and you have
> to call some method for it (can't find any though).
>
> Then we could settle on ~/.gnome/gnome-pilot.d/queues/$PILOT_ID/
>
> eskil
> ---

Umm, I agree with the pid thing.  I am not sure about the ~/.gnome thing
but my feeling is that we should use the gnome config stuff and write a
config file.  Each queue item can be a section or something similar.

Oh, one other thing, how did we plan on doing auth for apps requesting a
service from global gpilotd?  The local stuff can just use ORB security,
but global gpilotd will need a bit more I think.  Any thoughts on this?

Manish Vachharajani
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>