Re: Spool dir

Oy...

[using gnome_config to store queues]
> Good, because i have no idea if the storage mechanism of that config stuff
> will ever change :)

As long as the interface doesn't change, they can change as their hearts
desire.

> That is my problem as well.  I can't think of how to authenticate an app
> either.  Maybe we should require pilot passwords for global gpilotd if we
> can figure out how to check them that is.

If each pilot has an "allowed users" list, you could place a cookie file
in .gnome. The client then sends this as its auth, the daemon running as
root can check against ~user/.gnome/gnome-pilot.d/cookie.

(something I stopped on way home from work and wrote on the pilot. I
suppose you could fake the daemon and sniff peoples cookies ?)

eskil