Re: Spool dir

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Eskil Heyn Olsen wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Sep 1998, Manish Vachharajani wrote:
>
> > but my feeling is that we should use the gnome config stuff and write a
> > config file.  Each queue item can be a section or something similar.
>
> That might be a good idea, I'll try working with that.

Good, because i have no idea if the storage mechanism of that config stuff
will ever change :)

> > Oh, one other thing, how did we plan on doing auth for apps requesting a
> > service from global gpilotd?  The local stuff can just use ORB security,
> > but global gpilotd will need a bit more I think.  Any thoughts on this?
>
> No many. Each request has as a parameter a pilot_id, and the gpilotd can
> say "no access". But just how it knows whether a process may operate on a
> pilot, I haven't looked into yet.

That is my problem as well.  I can't think of how to authenticate an app
either.  Maybe we should require pilot passwords for global gpilotd if we
can figure out how to check them that is.

Manish Vachharajani
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>