Re: [gnome-love] Tinderbox (automatic daily build) for GNOME

On 4/15/06, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
> On 4/15/06, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:

> > > Untested but attached; add --verbose, it will dispay short notices and
> > > display the phase log on failures.
> >
> > It seems like we've got a lot of things building, but very few builds
> > going to green. I haven't skimmed all the logs- is it that things
> > really are broken, or just that the build roots haven't been given
> > enough love to get them working right the first time?
>
> Whoa! I just started my own build again:
>
> http://jhbuild.bxlug.be/builds/2006-04-15-0005/
>
> And it tells me I have a regression... that rocks!
>
> [Reads the log a bit...]
>
> Ah-ha. I'm guessing that this is caused because I did not re-autogen
> and languages changed. Perhaps to reduce false positives the tinderbox
> mode could force -a?
>
> [Also, I can no longer figure out how to cancel a build... did I just
> forget where it was, or did it get taken away?]

I'm just stupid (and I've lost my password). That said, maybe it
should automatically cancel if a new build is started from the same
machine, since currently it thinks I have three builds going on the
same machine :)

i might also suggest making the front page look a little more like
what I've attached (terribly ugly mockup, but you get the idea) so
that it is easier to find out at a glance what is ongoing and what has
broken/succeeded in the past.

Anyway, this continues to rock-

Luis