.la files removal in Debian Unstable

Hello guys,

As you already know, I'm pretty much involved in
http://jhbuild.bxlug.be.
I'm trying to build GNOME 2.16 on Debian Unstable (Sid), but lately,
while transitioning to Xorg 7.0, they also decided to remove all .la
files from their packages (see DBTS #354674 [1]).
Now, many packages are failing while trying to build.
A related log is available here:
http://jhbuild.bxlug.be/builds/2006-04-15-0001/
In particuliar, pango fails to build like this:
http://jhbuild.bxlug.be/builds/2006-04-15-0001/logs/pango/#build
As you can imagine, no much packages build further.

I'm not that good with autotools, so would like to have some help to fix
this, and get it fixed in cvs.
Can somebody help me, or fix it directly in the cvs, so that I can
update and retry?

Thanks

Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant