Re: [gnome-love] Tinderbox (automatic daily build) for GNOME

Le lundi 10 avril 2006 à 12:18 +0800, James Andrewartha a écrit :
> Jerome Warnier wrote:
> > Le mercredi 05 avril 2006 à 01:51 +0800, James Andrewartha a écrit :
> >> I've just got Solaris/SPARC/gcc up and running:
> >> http://jhbuild.bxlug.be/builds/2006-04-04-0004/
> > Welcome then. I followed your tries, and it seems it does not get really
> > far so far, though.
>
> Yes, I'm hitting some linking issues - solaris libc has an iconv, but I want
First question: why not use Solaris' iconv? I would imagine using most
tools from the original OS, when available and not too broken, would be
better. If it does not work, maybe try to fix it instead of installing
more and more "external" software.
> to use the GNU iconv I have installed in /opt/csw/lib. Most things pick it
> up from LDFLAGS=-L/opt/csw/lib, but often the linker doesn't include this
> path in the ELF header (or something). Davyd reckons it's a lack of
> -Wl,rpath -L/opt/csw/lib, but it's pot luck as to which modules work and
> which don't - although some have a config.rpath which may be what makes it work.
Couldn't you play with your moduleset of jhbuild and the "autogenargs" option?
Anyway, I would see this as bugs in the corresponding modules, and would
report them to the matching BTS as found.

--
Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant