Re: [gnome-love] Tinderbox (automatic daily build) for GNOME

Le mercredi 05 avril 2006 à 01:51 +0800, James Andrewartha a écrit :
> On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 09:49 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> > On 4/3/06, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> > > As you may have noticed, Frederic, Guillaume and I are all members of
> > > the same LUG, and we worked together to support and improve Fred's work.
> > > The server is doing nicely with the builds already.
> > > We setup both AMD64 and IA32(aka x86) builds, of which only AMD64 is
> > > automated for now.
> > > We'll try to setup more flavours in other chroots on the same machine as
> > > felt needed (like maybe Ubuntu?).
> >
> > If you're brave, the obvious thing to try is solaris x86 :)
>
> I've just got Solaris/SPARC/gcc up and running:
> http://jhbuild.bxlug.be/builds/2006-04-04-0004/
Welcome then. I followed your tries, and it seems it does not get really
far so far, though.

> I'm using the jhbuildrc from
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/microtinder/jhbuildrc although updated for
> 2.16. Additionally, since I'm behind a firewall I added http proxy
> support to xmlrpclib (see file at bottom). Frederic: Would it be
> possible to add an option to print output to stdout like a normal
> jhbuild? It'll make fixing local build problems a lot easier.
Also:
- have a "failed" output on the console when a module fails. Currently,
there is no output at all that says "failed".
- the output is not sent on stdout apparently, so "tail -f" on nohup.out
when started using nohup or the mail of cronjob do not show anything
useful.

> >From my point of view the most interesting thing would be to support
> running builds in parallel, as this machine has 14 CPUs and 12GB of RAM,
> but configure and checkout are usually the slowest parts of a build and
> can't be parallelised by make -j. Davyd started something to do this at
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/jhfarmer/ but never got around to making it
> actually build.
There are already several documents written in the Wiki about //
building.
In short:
- inside a module, we know that some modules break while built in //.
- having jhbuild building several independent modules in // would be great.

[..]
> James Andrewartha
[..]
--