Re: New spec files uploaded

Em Qua, 2002-01-23 ās 14:18, Chipzz escreveu:
> On 23 Jan 2002, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:
>
> > From: Evandro Fernandes Giovanini <evandrofg ig com br>
> > Subject: Re: New spec files uploaded
> >
> > Em Qua, 2002-01-23 ās 03:43, Gregory Leblanc escreveu:
> > > Alright, after the beating I took last time, I've just uploaded a new
> > > set of spec files for the -developer platform- of GNOME 2.0.  If you
> > > look at the depends.dia file from
> > > http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/notes/, you'll see that it's the
> > > complete developer platform, except for glade, which hasn't been ported
> > > to GNOME 2 yet (and probably won't be in time for GNOME 2.0).
> >
> > Really? There's a glade2 module in CVS and it seems to build fine. I
> > think it even has some screenshots on the dotplan page.
> >

> > > The desktop packages will be different, because I'll be re-writing those
> > > to install into a non-standard prefix, most likely.
> >
> > You can do that by adding the following to the spec files:
> >
> > %define _prefix /opt/gnome
> > %define _sysconfdir /etc/opt/gnome
>
> I'ld rather say /opt/gnome/etc
> First, there is absolutely no reason why you should make an opt dir in /etc,
> it just doesn't make any bit of sense, and second, this way you contain all
> of these settings to one dir (/opt/gnome). And it is the default if
> --sysconfdir wasn't specified.

Not quite. See http://www.pathname.com/fhs
(http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/fhs for on-line HTML):

"Filesystem Hierarchy Standard
3.4.2 /etc/opt : Configuration files for /opt

Host-specific configuration files for add-on application software
packages shall be installed within the directory /etc/opt/<package>,
where <package> is the name of the subtree in /opt where the static data
from that package is stored. No structure is imposed on the internal
arrangement of /etc/opt/<package>.

If a configuration file must reside in a different location in order for
the package or system to function properly, it may be placed in a
location other than /etc/opt/<package>."

Also, you need %define _localstatedir /var/opt, which I forgot to
mention the first time.

(about sysconfdir, the default for all packages is $(prefix)/etc, not
/etc).

> > You may want to create a gnomesupport package that will add
> > /opt/gnome/bin to PATH, /opt/gnome/lib to ld.so.conf and so on. (or you
> > may do this in libgnome and have everything that depends on it and
> > itself in /opt/gnome, and the other libraries in /usr).
>
> regards,
>
> Chipzz AKA
> Jan Van Buggenhout
> --