Re: [RFC] SPEC, RPM and SRPMS files for gnome 2.0 Alpha release

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 19:14, Chris Chabot wrote:

> >[..] Cool stuff.  Couple of notes...  The dependencies in configure.in are
> >build-time, not run-time.  While we can use them for version numbers for
> >run-time dependencies, and as a starting point, we need to look at the
> >resulting programs.  There are some things that really are only needed a
> >build-time, and we shouldn't have the main package require these.
> >
> Well thats the genious of the plan though! <evil-grin>
>
> Since i extract the info from PKG_CHECK_MODULES, it only extracts info
> from modules which have pkgconfig support, and use its macro's in the
> configure.in script. (ergo, no other dependencies then gnome2 related)
>
>  From what i know (ok, you can count that on ten fingers), all gnome
> library dependencies a package has during build time, it has during run
> time as well.

There -are- packages that this doesn't apply to, but I can't remember
which ones (other than sawfish, and it's build-time only dependency is
for some gnu arbitrary precision math library, not a GNOME thing).  But,
really, they're out there!  We'll need to check them at some point,
though at the moment, probably other places to better spend time (email
not being one of them. (-; )
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.