Re: [RFC] SPEC, RPM and SRPMS files for gnome 2.0 Alpha release

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 18:11, Chris Chabot wrote:
> Ps, on the topic of dependencies of the gnome packages.
>
> I am currently writing a tool that parses the configure.in files of each
> gnome2 package, and extracts the PKG_CHECK_MODULES lines from it, and
> compiles a complete
>     package_requires >= min_version
>
> list for each package.
>
> Since the configure.in file has a lot better specification for each
> dependency (complete, and acurate version info for each dep), it would
> be a great starting place for accurate dependencies in the RPM's.
>
> Last, it's just to much damn work to do by hand ;-)

Cool stuff.  Couple of notes...  The dependencies in configure.in are
build-time, not run-time.  While we can use them for version numbers for
run-time dependencies, and as a starting point, we need to look at the
resulting programs.  There are some things that really are only needed a
build-time, and we shouldn't have the main package require these.

> When i finish the tool, i will submit it and its results to the
> gnome-packaging-list.

Once more, Very Cool.  Thanks,
	Greg

--