Re: [RFC] SPEC, RPM and SRPMS files for gnome 2.0 Alpha release

On 21 Jan 2002, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 19:14, Chris Chabot wrote:
> > >

> > >[..] Cool stuff.  Couple of notes...  The dependencies in configure.in are
> > >build-time, not run-time.  While we can use them for version numbers for
> > >run-time dependencies, and as a starting point, we need to look at the
> > >resulting programs.  There are some things that really are only needed a
> > >build-time, and we shouldn't have the main package require these.
> > >
> > Well thats the genious of the plan though! <evil-grin>
> >
> > Since i extract the info from PKG_CHECK_MODULES, it only extracts info
> > from modules which have pkgconfig support, and use its macro's in the
> > configure.in script. (ergo, no other dependencies then gnome2 related)
> >
> >  From what i know (ok, you can count that on ten fingers), all gnome
> > library dependencies a package has during build time, it has during run
> > time as well.
>
> There -are- packages that this doesn't apply to, but I can't remember
> which ones (other than sawfish, and it's build-time only dependency is
> for some gnu arbitrary precision math library, not a GNOME thing).  But,
> really, they're out there!  We'll need to check them at some point,
> though at the moment, probably other places to better spend time (email
> not being one of them. (-; )

This also assumes that none of the PKG_CHECK_MODULES are wrapped within
ARG_WITH_FLAG or similar which is not strictly true.

> 	Greg
>
> --
> Portland, Oregon, USA.

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding