Re: SPEC file for pkgconfig

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 14:50, Spider wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:56:47 +0100 (CET)
> Chipzz <chipzz ULYSSIS Org> wrote:
>
> > > Also, .bz2 is smaller than .gz ; )
> >
> > But .bz2 isn't consistently available on ftp.gnome.org for every package...
> > Not even for gnome 1.4, so I fear the worst for gnome 2 alpha.
>
> Now this may be something that we should consider, Can we get a consistent upload of .bz2 files together with the .gz files?

Already done for a couple of months now.  Anybody who follows the
instructions to put new packages on the ftp server should get tar.gz,
.tar.bz2, md5sums, and even diffs between the most recent versions,
automatically.

> also, could be a good idea for the packagers of rpm's to add
> %_source_payload        w9.bzdio
> %_binary_payload        w9.bzdio
> to their ~/.rpmmacros file, this will make the default compression bzip, at -9 for the binaries as well as the sources.

Hmm, when did this get added to RPM proper?  I'm concerned about
compatibility.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.