Re: SPEC file for pkgconfig

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 03:37, Ross Golder wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 00:45, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> > Woo, cool.  I'll make some comments below!
> > 	Greg
> >

> Some great comments. I learned a couple of new things there.
>
> > I'm still undecided if it's "cleaner" looking to do the above, or to put
> > just one argument on each line, like this:
> >
> > ./configure --disable-gtk-doc			\
> >     --prefix=%{_prefix}				\
> >     --bindir=%{_bindir}				\
> >     --mandir=%{_mandir}				\
> >     --localstatedir=%{_localstatedir}		\
> >     --libdir=%{_libdir}				\
> >     --datadir=%{_datadir}			\
> >     --includedir=%{_includedir}			\
> >     --sysconfdir=%{_sysconfdir}			\
> >     --sbindir=%{_sbindir}
> >
> > Anybody have strong opinions either way?
> >

> Yeah, I much prefer ^^^this^^^ method, but it's a bit annoying trying to
> keep the line breaks lined up, so I normally just do :
>
> ./configure \
> 	--disable-gtk-doc \
> 	--prefix=%{_prefix} \
> 	--bindir=%{_bindir}

Yeah, I do too, except that I've learned about the magic of a decent
text manipulation language.  Emacs is my friend.  I'll try to steal the
code from the Makefile-mode and put in into the rpm-spec-file-mode to
line up all of the line breaks.  Of course, if you're not using a nice
Lisp programming environment, I can't do much for you.  Maybe some VI
guru can do something similar though.
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.