Re: Red Hat packaging

On lau , 2002-01-19 at 01:21, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> On lau , 2002-01-19 at 00:22, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> >  > I've uploaded my rpms to the master (anonftp not available) server.  As
> > > of right now, a sync is running, so ftp.gnome.org should be updated
> > > soon.

> > > Heh, that's enough from me for now, I'm going to take a break away from
> > > the computer, but I'll be back in a few hours, ready to push some new
> > > packages with all of the fixes that you folks tell me about.  Later!
> >
> > gnome-games package that's 8Mb seems suspicious...
>
> Seems that way, don't it?  However, the package is perfectly valid.  I
> forgot to mention that I compiled all of these with
>
> %define __spec_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
>
> in to spec file, so none of the binaries are stripped.  This makes for
> bigger downloads, but much more useful bug reports.

I see it now after downloading the packages.

I've made a local apt-repository of the packages. I'm afraid there's to
little dependency information to make it useful right now.

How about splitting the packages up in gnome20 and gnome14, so one
specify the safe gnome14 packages without fear of the gnome20 packages
intervening?

--
Roy