Re: next draft of rpm guidelines are here

On 03 May 2001 20:53:23 -0400, Dean Scott wrote:
> > > I've been doing a lot of packaging for a custom RPM
> > > distro lately and would like to help out wherever I can. Onto the
> > > comments ..
> > > In case you haven't caught it already, there's a typo in the BuildRoot
> > > (tmppath not tmmpath). Also, most spec files i've seen pass the rpm
> > > flags when configure is run, not when make is run (I dont suppose it
> > > makes a difference, however this is how the %configure macro does it
> > > also).
> >
> > This generally does not make a difference because the entire %build
> > section is converted to a shell script and executed.  Reguardless of
> Agreed, I guess thats just sort of my personal preference.
> > where you set the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS the compiler will see them.  However
> > if a configure script needs them (for example you have a -I option) then
> > putting it before the ./configure helps.
>
> After looking it over one more time however, it would be nice to use
> CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $RPM_OPT_FLAGS" so that the packager can pass custom
> flags if they desire to do so.

How do you mean for the packager to set CFLAGS? in the above example?
I'm not sure, but I think the above might inherit $CFLAGS from the
environment where the rpm build commmand is run.  Definately time to
print out a copy of MaxRPM for reference.
    Greg

--
Troll, troll, troll your post
Gently down the feed