Re: next draft of rpm guidelines are here

On 02 May 2001 20:05:47 -0400, Dean Scott wrote:
> Hi guys! I've joined the list and would like to help you guys out with
> packaging GNOME.

Welcome aboard!

> I've been doing a lot of packaging for a custom RPM
> distro lately and would like to help out wherever I can. Onto the
> comments ..
> In case you haven't caught it already, there's a typo in the BuildRoot
> (tmppath not tmmpath). Also, most spec files i've seen pass the rpm
> flags when configure is run, not when make is run (I dont suppose it
> makes a difference, however this is how the %configure macro does it
> also).

This generally does not make a difference because the entire %build
section is converted to a shell script and executed.  Reguardless of
where you set the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS the compiler will see them.  However
if a configure script needs them (for example you have a -I option) then
putting it before the ./configure helps.

Thanks.
Peter Bowen