Re: next draft of rpm guidelines are here

> > After looking it over one more time however, it would be nice to use
> > CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $RPM_OPT_FLAGS" so that the packager can pass custom
> > flags if they desire to do so.
>
> How do you mean for the packager to set CFLAGS? in the above example?
> I'm not sure, but I think the above might inherit $CFLAGS from the
> environment where the rpm build commmand is run.  Definately time to
> print out a copy of MaxRPM for reference.
>     Greg

Well, isn't $RPM_OPT_FLAGS indeed the place where the packager's flags are?
I'd say yes! Look at the %configure macro, it exports that variable as
CFLAGS so that the configure script uses the flags that the packager has set
for his rpm builds.

Of course, most of the time, the default optimisations set in
/usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc which depend on the build architecture are used, but
nothing keeps the packager from changing them...

I really don't think CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $RPM_OPT_FLAGS" would be useful, and
since I like the cleanest and quickest way of doing things, I suggest to
simply stick with %configure and that's it!

Matthias

--
Matthias Saou
matthias accelance fr