Connect to server feature

Here goes,

Mockup:
http://www.hadess.net/files/shots/25-06-2002.1.jpg

Ideas:
1) Completely based off Gnome-vfs (no kernel support needed)
2) supports:
	- ssh
	- smb
	- nntp
	- webdav
	- ftp
(where's the nfs module gone ?)

3) how it works ? Tries to open the uri mentioned as a directory.
I. Permission denied ? Ask for password. Modify the URI in consequence.
II. Still couldn't connect ? Fail.
III. Works, create a .desktop in the user's desktop (saving
username/password), add it to the user's favourites (more on that
later), and open this desktop file with nautilus.

Browse feature:
Merely a virtual folder containing the local network neighbourhood as
smb:/// gives us, and the user's favourites. The main problem being that
only smb: gives us a browsing feature. That sucks, but that's life.

Why no kernel support ? Because it only has smb and nfs support builtin,
the others working more or less (rather less than more). And mixing
gnome-vfs with kernel style, would only give the user more problems.
(need for root, permissions on mounted devices depending on who mounted
it, etc.)

Ideas ? Before I start implementing this thing ;)

Cheers

PS: BTW, where should we put the code ? Obviously in Gnome CVS, but
where ?
--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net