Requirements definition

Hi!

This is just some bullets to what we might want to do, (couldn't get to
Seths document right now, ping time out, so there might be some
duplications from that).

* Choosing packages to include (this is the easy part :)

* Make the packages that we selected integrate well with each other,
  everything that needs to be set/used should be available from the GUI.
  ( This is where I think we might have to make lots of changes to the
    packages. Though I haven't looked into how much that might be ).

* Add a nice install process

* GUI package manager

* Full hardware detection/configuration. (is this possible?)

* GUI system configuration tools (XST)

* Sexy eye candy! :)

If we get these things in I'd say that we would have something worth
releasing as a Proof Of Concept and good enough for most home users.

After that we could add things for a corporate OS:

* Remote administration of a number of clients

* LDAP (or kerberos?) authentication.

* NFS (or AFS) file sharing

All of these should be easy to switch on from the GUI (and easily
maintainable from the administrator desktop).

What do you think, is this a good way to start or should way aim for the
full working corporate OS right away?

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/