Re: GNOME xdg-app runtime doesn't follow the jhbuild modulesets

On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 02:41:37PM +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
GtkSourceView, which was in the example, is only used by 4 apps,
libpeas is used by 7 of the 24 applications in gnome-apps-nightly. In
comparison, gnome-desktop is used by 9 applications.

VTE is included in the runtime but is used by only 2 apps in
gnome-apps-nightly (gedit and gnome-builder). So 3 with gnome-terminal.

But I see that at:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/SandboxedApps/

"""
However, we also want a reference runtime that we can recommend to Gnome
application developers, containing the APIs that Gnome feels are stable
and recommended.
"""

Is "Gnome" here the GNOME release team?

BTW VTE is in the gnome-suites-core-deps moduleset, and not in
meta-gnome-extended-devel-platform. In contrast libpeas is in
meta-gnome-extended-devel-platform but not in the runtime.

Where is the logic?

--
Sébastien