Re: GNOME OS Goals

2012/11/20 Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
Hi,

I keep getting questions from people I meet or discuss with about GNOME
OS. People still don't know what it is supposed to be, what are the
goals, etc.

I've populated the (already existing) https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS
wiki page with a small list of goals taken from the GUADEC BoF minutes,
but I guess it wouldn't harm to put some more clarifications in there.

Some people I talk to, included myself, think that GNOME OS is sort-of misleading. The name makes people think we are working in a new distro.  A few people doesn´t like the fact we don´t give enough credit to GNU/Linux using this name. I know this name has taken some traction in our community, but I think this makes harder to explain what it is to outsiders.

The problem is that I haven't found a name that fits with the goals of what we call "GNOME OS" :-)

Cheers,

   -- Juanjo Marin