Re: Touch & Mobile

hi Federico;

On 16 August 2012 00:06, Federico Mena Quintero <federico gnome org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 21:25 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
>
>> - Platform TODO list for touch (Bastien)
>
> During the BoF we talked about having APIs for
>
>   boolean is_there_a_keyboard ();
>   boolean is_there_a_mouse ();
>   boolean is_there_a_touchscreen ();
>   boolean is_there_multitouch ();
>
> and things like that.

all of the above are communicated from the kernel through XInput, and
GTK+/Clutter already have code to handle that.

if/when we switch to Wayland, we'll have similar API in the Wayland protocol.

if a touchscreen appears, or if a keyboard/pointer pair does, then the
toolkit should change its internal state and notify applications and
third party widgets that the input landscape has been changed.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name