Re: Touch & Mobile

On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 23:03 +0200, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 21:25 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
> > - List of reference touch HW (WeTab, Vivaldi, other), funding for
> > Touch-Box? (Bastien & Board)
>
> With regard to the target platforms, are we considering an ARM port or
> do we just focus on x86 devices?

The problem with ARM is hardware enablement. There's usually no drivers
(at least merged ones) for a lot of the auxiliary hardware
(accelerometer, touchscreen, etc.) so it would be a lot of work to get
those devices supported.

If somebody is interested in doing the upstream work to get support for
some ARM devices, I'm pretty sure that our build systems could handle
cross-compilation.