Re: Core UX

Xan Lopez <xan gnome org> wrote:
> Just as a reminder, this is the full list of "high-priority"
> applications as defined in the BoF:
>
> - Software*

Richard Hughes made a start on this. There's a good chance it could
get attention next cycle.

As I mentioned during the BoF, the current designs are for a
packagekit front-end. We'll need to think about this again nce we have
a more general application installation/deployment story worked out.

>  - Photos*

Debarshi's on the case! We should try and get him some help.

>  - Music*

I've recently pinged the Rhythmbox maintainer, but haven't heard back.
At the same time, someone has been in touch recently to say that they
are working on a new Tracker-based implementation. Watch this space.

>  - Videos*

My understanding is that Bastien plans to work on this. Again, we
should try and get him help if he needs it.

>  - Transfers*

There's no design for this yet, so it needs to be a priority for the
design team.

> - Chat*

I'm working with the Empathy crew and we're iterating in this
direction. I owe them design work... I'm hopeful we'll make further
progress next cycle.

> - Installer*

I guess this needs to happen once we have a Testable image in the
works. Any volunteers?

Allan
--
IRC:  aday on irc.gnome.org