Re: Core UX

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Let's try and elaborate the action points that we set for the core UX...
>
> - Define list of features and applications with priorities (Design Team)
>
> The long-term goal is to consolidate around the new core applications,
> especially the content apps (Documents, Photos, Music, Videos &
> Transfers). I think it would be good to try and make sure that we have
> a release of all the content apps for 3.8 (even if some of them are
> preview releases). If anyone wants to help out with photos or get
> started on music or transfers, just get in touch.

Just as a reminder, this is the full list of "high-priority"
applications as defined in the BoF:

- Software*
- Finding and Reminding:
 - Documents
 - Photos*
 - Music*
 - Videos*
 - Transfers*
- Web
- Chat*
- Contacts
- Settings
- Installer*

(I have copied those we marked as P0, there were a bunch more with P1)

Those marked with a '*' either do not exist at all, have barely
started, or have already existing applications that could be gradually
moved in the right direction but that haven't started walking that
path yet (Totem -> Videos, for example). To the best of my knowledge,
anyway.

So I think we should, as a high priority task, try to figure out who
is going to do what and based on what designs. Given that Finding &
Reminding is considered the top priority among the high priority apps,
I guess we should focus on finishing the designs for those and try to
find people committed to move forward Photos, Music, Videos and
Transfers.

Xan