Re: [gnome-db] GRAND MASTER PLAN

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 04:48:15PM -0700, Derek Neighbors was heard to
> remark:
>> So much of what is discussed is already do able in GNU Enterprise.  I
>> have
>> not entered into the discussion as I know Linas, Dru and Rodrigo are all
>> familiar with GNUe so I suspect they have their reasons.

Just to be clear, the enhancements that I'm doing to AbiWord at the
request of the GNUCash developers will be available to all. Before these
discussions took place here I would never have though of them.

I think the result is definately win-win-*. AbiWord gets used in places it
wouldn't otherwise and attacts developers interested in keeping it moving
forward. GNUCash gets shiny new features and any other project (GNUe) that
wants can re-use the features.

If your requirements are different from GNUCash please let us know and
maybe we can help you out too.

I'm all in favour of collaboration and cross-pollination of ideas. I hope
that GNOME-Office will be a place that developers of complex apps can do
that.

Cheers

Martin