Re: [gnome-db] Re: GRAND MASTER PLAN
- From: Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
- To: jsled asynchronous org
- Cc: gnome-db-list gnome org, gnucash-devel gnucash org, Gnome Office <gnome-office-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [gnome-db] Re: GRAND MASTER PLAN
- Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:14:43 +0000
On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 17:16, Josh Sled wrote:
> Put another way: we should focus on the means by which to describe the
> data so AbiWord _and_ Gnumeric can use it with as little data-lossage as
> possible, and the user can use the one best suited for their task.
I would hope that there would be no such "data-lossage" simply by using
different targets for presenting data. We're not Microsoft, y'know.
Lossage really isn't acceptable.
I do agree that we should be looking at going either to AbiWord or to
Gnumeric, or to any target application that provides the right hooks for
a report generator to use.
Is there anything like a 'report data exchange' standard?
Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
Online @ http://www.charlietech.com
] [Thread Prev