Re: [Inkscape-devel] Joining GNOME Office

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Charles Goodwin wrote:
> I believe that GO is not looking to envelope applications like Inkscape
> or Conglomerate.  Instead, I think GO is looking for input on
> collaborating to the distinct advantage of the current and prospective
> member projects.

*Nod*  We've been quite interested in finding ways to better collaborate
with other projects.  For example, we've been in frequent contact with
the Scribus DTP folks for SVG-level compatibility so docs can be shared
between the two apps.  We've also been interested in developing better
interrelationship with the Mozilla SVG plugin group, as well as Cairo
and librsvg, for obvious reasons.  :-)

> > Will there be a set of standards or guidelines that all GO apps will
> > strive to follow?
>
> Is there?  Not yet.  Will there be?  I would have thought so.
>
> I'm just beginning to stir up a fuss; GO has been slumbering for far too
> long and it's time to galvanise the effort.  Only recently have the core
> GO projects (AbiWord, Gnumeric and Gnome-DB) aligned development goals.

Ah, interesting, I can definitely see how having a common mission could
help all the projects - have the development goals that have been
aligned between these projects been formally written up?

Bryce