Re: Website and Logo

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, E. A. Zen wrote:

> Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:27:34 -0600
> From: E. A. Zen <ericzen ez-net com>
> To: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>
> Cc: gnome-office-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: Website and Logo
>
> I don't know why I *JUST* got curious about this, but, and pardon my
> french, as I speak the non-beatles-lyrics bits of it poorly, *BUT*,
> WHAT THE FUSCHIA IS TUCOWS DOING WITH GNOMEOFFICE.ORG!?

I want to make it clear that it is in fact GnomeOffice.com is take by
Tucows not GnomeOffice.org as Mr. Zen has accidentally typed.

Does TUCOWS act as a domain registry?  It seems like it.  It might just be
someone has bought it through TUCOWS and it is just acting as an
intermediary?)
http://www.register.com/whois-results.cgi?7e112a24668025556181902df89801b9ab7c1779fb9f1d47ac3c251beb9681167fc7b9f5d42bfc0363b1ec87e1d9e91e
The domain registration is for only a year, I expect they would be willing
ot sell the domain for a fair price (and if they wanted an unfair price
then you could probably take it up with ICANN).

However GnomeOffice.org is still available and i found this link from
TUCOWS that will sell it to you
https://www.domaindirect.com/cgi-bin/register.cgi?command=infosearch&searchdomain=gnomeoffice.com
the legal stuff at the bottom might help clear up exaclty how they fit
into this

But again I dont think that a seperate domain name is all that important,
I dont think GnomeOffice.com would really be all that useful unless there
were serious plans to market and sell GnomeOffice.com related products and
services and GnomeOffice.org will do equally well.

- Alan