Re: EggMenu

On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 12:26, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Ettore,
>
> On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 15:47, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> > On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 06:20, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > > 	The Anjuta people have written a new dock that would be worth looking
> > > at - inasmuch that they actually use it fairly heavily; see
> > >
> > > 	'gdl' / gdl/test-dock
> > >
> > > 	It has a number of nice features I believe,
> >
> > ...Such as?
>
> 	Rendering a preview of the new dock layout using a rubberband type
> outline before re-docking, allowing a tabbed view arrangement, and I
> imagine some other stuff. I believe Gustavo is the chap to talk to about
> it.

I'll do a comparision as Havoc asked, but another nice feature I like is
layout saving/restoring using an XML format (though some other method of
persistence is completely possible, since all info needed to do that is
exposed via the gobject system) and integrated UI to do that.

Also, something that has the *potential* to become a cool feature is
placeholders, which should allow to dock a widget in a predictable
position independently of what the current layout is.  Right now, it
doesn't work very well, but it's being used for position restoring of a
dock item after hiding it.

Regards,
Gustavo