Re: GNOME Office and OpenOffice (fwd)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Michael Hoennig (mi) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > If as promised OO becomes a collection of bonobo components we can plug
> > > them into Abi with no trouble. OO could do the same with Abi, Gnumeric,
> > > Guppi etc.
> > >

> > OO in a way does this - please look at the technical overview/ any other
> > relevant docs / source code. Not with bonobo right now, though.
>
> it's actually a way we are currently evaluating. Bonobo-Integration I
> mean. Currently I see two chances: 1st OpenOffice API could partly
> migrate with Bonobo, 2nd OpenOffice could offer Bonobo wrappers. My
> preferred solution is the first one, but it depends on many things.

How will using bonobo affect non-gnome users?

theoretically speaking - would it be possible to apply something similar
to vcl (or sal&vos) here? Gnome is bound to come up with (totally
incompatible) bonobo2 in 3-4 years (max), and using bonobo offers nothing
to non-bonobo apps/environments.

> 	Michael

	Sander

OpenOffice Release Engineering / Dublin