Re: GNOME Office and OpenOffice (fwd)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Michael Hoennig (mi) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > If as promised OO becomes a collection of bonobo components we can plug
> > > them into Abi with no trouble. OO could do the same with Abi, Gnumeric,
> > > Guppi etc.
> > >

> > OO in a way does this - please look at the technical overview/ any other
> > relevant docs / source code. Not with bonobo right now, though.

Does this mean that OO as an application is very close to being broken up
into seperate components? I won't have to have every other application on
my desktop if I just want to run the Word Processor?

Can I compile the Word Processor seperately from the Spread Sheet if I
just want to work on Word Processor code?

Will this framework allow you write Modeless dialogs? So if I want to
execute "Insert Symbol" I can leave the dialog up and continue to type until I
need a new symbol?

Can you explain the status of your interantionalization? Can you support
East Asian Languages? Do you use 8 or 16 bit internal representation for
characters?

Thanks very much!

Martin Sevior