Re: [gnome-network]gnome-network organization

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 14:47 +0100, Álvaro Peña wrote:
> El jue, 15-01-2004 a las 13:38, Rodrigo Moya escribió:
> > yes, definitely we want this. As we have talked many times, we need to
> > sit down and come up with a good plan for file sharing, since the
> > current PWS is just a temporary solution.
>
> Yes, like we talk in the irc we can support sharing for diferents
> servers, create a plugin for nautilus that show the tab "Sharing" for
> the file/directorio property window and then show to the user "Sharing
> with Windows" if we detect samba, "Sharing with Unix" if we detect nfs,
> or "Sharing with Web" if we detect apache (with public_html support for
> users), ...

yes, a nautilus extension is what looks the best to me. It could just
have a 'Share' menu item, and a property page like you said.

> But perhaps is better have only the "Sharing" checkbox and then use all
> the protocols that we detect, the user don't be fuzzy with a lot of
> options.

well, we could have a 'More options/Less options' check button, like
GST, which shows/hides the individual protocols selection.

cheers