Re: [gnome-network]File sharing from Nautilus

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 22:00 +0100, Carlos Morgado wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:06:17, Superfrog wrote:
> > First of all, the creation of this mailing list is a good thing.
> >
> > Second, I am refering to a recent discussion on the nautilus-list gnome
> > org mailing list :
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2003-August/msg00072.html
> > (transcript below).
> >
> > Many people suggested some good ideals on how to be able to share
> > folders directly from Nautilus, abstracting the netwoking protocol (Smb,
> > HTTP, NFS, FTP...)
> >
> > There seems to be more thoughs on the best approach.
> >
> > I'd be very interesting to see here your comments,
> >

> ssh. it's there, it's totally userspace and some people already have it
> setup.

but, how would you specify a directory to be shared via SSH? That is, if
you try to share your ~/Documents directory, and your home directory is
only accessible to yourself (rwx------), how other people would access
your shared directory without knowing your username/password?

cheers