Re: Presets and profiles

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de> wrote:
> Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller schrieb:
>> I think Stefan meant more as a libgstreamer-gtk or something like that,
>> so a separate library hosted and shipping alongside the current
>> GStreamer modules.
>>
>> Christian
>>
>>>   I hope you meant two separate libs since not all apps using this
>>> will have UIs. Also, I don't understand why you would want a UI lib to
>>> be 'in' gstreamer?
>>>

> ds has a gtk-video widget. I have a gstreamer debug menu. All those things could
> be bundeled in an exttra library.

  Sure but the question is do they really belong in one library?
o-hand guys have something similar:
http://labs.o-hand.com/av-widget-library/ . These set of widgets are
really useful/good on their own but I am not exactly sure it was a
good idea to put them all in one library. E.g We can't use the
TagReader widget in Rygel because then we'll have a dep on Gtk.

   Don't take it the wrong way, all i am saying is that lets not
bundle UI-related stuff in the same lib as the non-UI stuff.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124