Re: Presets and profiles

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) schrieb:
>> * a C transcoding library
>> It currently supports, audio transcoding, video transcoding, external
>> subtitle integration (incrustation, or inclusion if the output format
>> supports it).
>>
>> I think we can adapt this library to fit the new needs.
>> The main point is to define what will be the interface of the library.
>>

>   FWIW, i can use such a library in Rygel[1] as well. Currently I have
> my own transcoding classes for transcoding from any format to mp3,
> lpcm and mpeg ts stream. If you are interested you can look at the
> code in *transcoder*.vala files here:
> http://git.gnome.org/cgit/rygel/tree/src/rygel/

Yes, its totaly the plan the there are some utilities function for it
that can be used by rygel, totem, cheese, ...
Now what we need to agree:
1.) how the api should be.
2.) do we want a gtk-library in gstreamer?
- this could e.g. contain the encoding dialog, like a file-chooser, the
user chooses the target and it configures the 'encode-bin'

Stefan