Re: [Totem] Browser plugin gstreamer

Hi.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 07:32 +0200, Mark Trompell wrote:
>> If I want a browser plugin, my only choise is to install a second
>> media player. This makes the first mediaplayer pointless.
>> So I just thought, making the plugin more generic would be a good
>> idea, even if it is, defining an api, that media players can provide
>> to extend it with compatibility stuff, playlists, whatever, something
>> that can be usefull to all mediaplayers that will be written (using
>> gst).
>> Something like that.
>
> I don't see how I could make the browser plugin code more generic...
> More generic than that and it would be the null plugin from Firefox...

+1 here. I don't think any of this is practical.

If you want your own media player, make your own. Totem has
well-separated playlist etc. code, copy it if you like. If you want
Totem to be leaner, JFDI. Don't create extension systems so I can load
my own playlist subclass into the webbrowser plugin, it's like
crackpot theory.

Ronald