Request Your Opinion

Hi GNOME People,

I was recently introduced to UBUNTU by a friend.  I have been long interested to switching to LINUX and did not know how.  This was and still is due to perpetual threat of virus in Windows, otherwise I must admit that Windows Office is powerful.  However,  I bought a RED HAT book and tried to download the OS through a couple of CDs attached to the guide book etc, but failed due to one reason or another.

Now with the little knowledge I have about Ubuntu, would you think it wise or a big jump if I switch to GNOME?

Thank you in anticipation of your advice.

Best Regards
Farrokh Mehrad