Re: gnome-cd

Hi,

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 20:59, Leonardo Pereira wrote:
> I was reading some past messages of this list and have
> read that are some projects to purge gnome-cd of
> gnome-media and put sound-juicer in its place. My
> question is: Why sound-juicer? It has a ugly interface
> and add a play button will not do it a good cd-player.
> I think that we already have better options, like
> goobox, that already is player and a ripper, it has a
> beautiful interface.

I love flames.

S-J is part of the GNOME desktop, so it surely can't be that bad.
Gnome-CD sucks, people agree on that. Even I, the gnome-cd maintainer,
wholeheartedly admit that gnome-cd is a violation of the human right for
pretty software.

Next step is obvious. And so we did. If you prefer goobox, then use
goobox. We don't want to limit you, we just want to eradicate ugly
software, and gnome-cd definitely is ugly.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>