Re: Cd Burning (XML File format)

--- Begin Message ---
For gnome2 to have a good CD burning infrastructure we need to create
a standard file format to represent CD Compilations so that all the gnome
cd burning applications can use the same compilation files.
This file format should support audio cd's, vcd's, plain data cd's
hybrid cd's, etc. For a very rough example I propose something like this:

<compilation type="vcd | svcd | data | hybrid | audio">
    <track type="audio | data">
        <file uri="path/to/file.ext" />
    </track>
</compilation>

I think that from these simple options we can build up as complex
of a cd project as we want. If the dicided interface (bonobo/lib) could
interpret this xml tree, then all the applications have to do is create
this tree and pass it off the the cd burning slave.

I may be missing something, but I just wanted to get this idea being
discussed.

john

--- End Message ---