Re: Cd Burning (XML File format)

John McCutchan wrote:
For gnome2 to have a good CD burning infrastructure we need to create a standard file format to represent CD Compilations so that all the gnome cd burning applications can use the same compilation files.

I would use one of the existant file formats rather than creating a new one.

This file format should support audio cd's, vcd's, plain data cd's
hybrid cd's, etc. For a very rough example I propose something like this:

<compilation type="vcd | svcd | data | hybrid | audio">
    <track type="audio | data">
        <file uri="path/to/file.ext" />
    </track>
</compilation>

I think that from these simple options we can build up as complex
of a cd project as we want. If the dicided interface (bonobo/lib) could
interpret this xml tree, then all the applications have to do is create
this tree and pass it off the the cd burning slave.

Then you need the gnome apps to burn the CDs. I don't think cdrecord and cdrdao will support reading xml (that would be cool thougth).

The .toc file format used by cdrdao is very similar to the .cue file format. And it can be expanded to support Data compilations and not just audio. Anyway, you can't use this file directly with cdrecord.

I think we should ask the cdrdao maintainer about this.

--
Manuel Clos
llanero eresmas net

TCPA y Palladium: http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1398