Re: Audio and Data CD burning

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 01:08, Manuel Clos wrote:
> Jorn Baayen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I haven't looked yet at implementation details for CD burning, the only
> > thing we have ATM are plans ;)
> >
> > One thing is sure though, RB won't become a full burning app. All we're
> > going to have probably is something like this:
> > Select some songs, SOme menu->Burn CD, pops up a dialog asking whether
> > to burn a data or audio cd, mp3 or ogg, and what kind of CD.
>
> This can even be done with a script. It will be nice to have a CORBA
> (bonobo?) interface for burning, so that gcdmaster or any other app can
> be used if present.

Hmm, no. I want to use a RB native interface there, to make burning
audio cds really seamless.

> > More advanced stuff belongs in a dedicated burning app, IMHO. But it
> > would be nice to have something like a small lib with an object for cd
> > burning, so code can be reused.
>
> I want to integrate gcdmaster as much as posible in the desktop, but I
> don't know how much should go into a bonobo object.

We don't need a bonobo object IMHO. If we get a nice little API which
supports cd burning operations, like iso generation, audio burning, etc,
this can be used by all apps that need to do cd burning, so we avoid
code duplication (which is the hardest part in this kind of apps,
duplicating all that doesnt make sense. Plus it will make sure if you
configure the burning system once, it will work for all apps).

> Just keep the list informed. I will do the same :)

Will do :)

Cheers