gnome 2.2 and MAS

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 19:25, Guenter Bartsch wrote:
> MAS is on my personal todo-list so maybe i can report about it in a few
> weeks.
>
> personally i have only one problem with esd: it lacks a latency feedback
> option (which artsd has) so a/v sync is difficult or rather impossible.

Yeah, audio/video sync issues has been something I have suggested for
Mike and Leon to focus on for MAS since I talked to them for the first
time at Linuxworld in San Francisco (Oakland) what must be almost one
and a half year ago now. While never gotten a negative response I am not
sure how much they looked into the issue.

Jim Gettys swears the xsync extension is the road to salvation, but I
heard both Leon from MAS and Keith Packard express some doubts about
xsync.

Guess a good solution for audio video sync on linux/unix is still some
time away :(

Christian