Re: gnome 2.2 and gstreamer

hi there,

On 11/08, Marius Andreiana wrote:

> > GStreamer is not a sound server.
> > If your soundcard does hardware mixing, or you use a sound server then
> > you'll have no problems playing sounds at the same time,
> right. So what's the sound server of choice? aRTSd? ( kde apps will work
> too this way )

MAS is on my personal todo-list so maybe i can report about it in a few
weeks.

personally i have only one problem with esd: it lacks a latency feedback
option (which artsd has) so a/v sync is difficult or rather impossible.

of course there are many advanced features missing as well like
multichannel playback, but solving the sync issues would be a great
improvement

cheers,

   guenter

--