Re: Some ideas...

On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 07:53:35PM +1100, Conrad Parker wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 08:38:13PM +1300, Michael Adams wrote:
> > hi,
> > i've been following the gnome sound project for a while now, and i've had a
> > few ideas...
>
> excellent, I was hoping we'd start talking about this kind of stuff
> soon [and that someone else would kick it off so I'm not a lone
> freak!]

How hard would this be to implement?  I'm not sure I grok it. Personally,
it would be auditory sensor overload. I mean it would be cool to play with
for awhile, but I can't imagine using it day in and day out.
I love the idea of united sound themes for the desktop.

> on a randomly related keyboard-response vein, check out syre-blink:
>
>   http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~conradp/syre/README

I'll check it out.

> btw, is there any mechanism for putting ideas into a bug tracking database
> or something? I find that way useful for coding sprees ...

An excellent idea, but I'm not sure how one would get it to work.  I'll have to
look at bugs.gnome.org.  These are the kind of things I was looking for. :)

Erik
--
All music aspires to the condition of muzak.