Problem with Solaris 2.8

Hi,

-- expert help needed ---

I am running Gnome 1.2 Stable from an NFS filesystem under Solaris 2.8 and I
cannot get sound to work. When I play samples I get a barely detectable
crackle.

I need some help to work out the problem because,
1. I don't have esd knowledge ;-)
2. I can't find doco that helps troubleshoot
3. I do not have exposure to the esd history which might suggest a simple
solution
4. I do not have administration priveleges, but can suggest changes...

Thanks for your time. I am willing to provide as much feedback as necessary as
required.

Kind Regards,

Matt
--
Matt Davies [mailto:mdavies dstc edu au]
DSTC