Re: [gnome-mud] Re: Changes in CVS

Jordi Mallach wrote:
Hey Robin,

Hey there! :)

As of end of july I've been working on a new where I program Qt (Yeah, I know, but I actually like and it can explain why KDE is such a good framework :).

Hrm, no comment. :)

I know, but it's really nice :)

1) gnome-mud needs many things, but not Yet Another Rewrite Plan.
2) using c++ would make the learning curve to our possible newcoming
contributors a bit steeper. We *really* want to go the other way.
3) we've spent 2 years trying to finish a rewrite in glade, and we're
nowhere near.

Ok, I buy that.

If gnome-mud isn't a defunct gnome module today it's because Daniel has
been poking here and there and trying to get his way through API manuals
to learn how the new stuff should work. The other previous contributors
to the project, including me and you, are either too busy, or too
uninterested to keep going. I'd like to see gnome-mud release 0.11, but
I really have way too mucho n my plate to do anything besides the little
I do. I basically chat with daniel on IRC and try to give him the advice
I think is best to get somewhere.

Still, now that HEAD is what it should have been a while ago, we don't
know too well what to do, because you were leading the effort.

Robin, there's a lot of files currently unused in the build. Do they
all need to be ported to libglade, or is some of that functionality
already in some of the new source files? Do you have ideas on how to
continue with the process?

Actually I don't remember, it was too long since I was working on it at all. Maybe I'll give a go and try to get a current GNOME environment working.

The other day someone hammered me on the Debian BTS with wishlist bugs.

See http://bugs.debian.org/gnome-mud

I saw that, I get those mail as well :)

If someone asked me what would I base a rewrite of gnome-mud on, it's
quite clear: pygtk. :)

java-gnome! :)

On another front, I hope your daughter is doing very well! :)

She's doing very well, it was her third birthday this august and she's getting more clever every day :)

Btw, finally you got yourself a haircut :)

regards,
Robin